- Lesson from Tom and Sugi: This vegan meal is a combination of either organic rice noodles or buckwheat noodles, and an organic homemade puree. This one differs from Mash#1 in the green vegetable and the proportions. Both Mashes use legumes which when added to the noodles forms a complete protein. This diet must be supplemented with good quality vitamins and omegas*.
- Tom says, “I love broccoli!”
Noodles + Mash #2
I feed Tom and Sugi each 3 times per day. Both dogs are 20 pounds each*:
- combine about 3/4 to 1 cup of cooked, drained, cold water rinsed organic rice noodles or buckwheat noodles (zaru soba)
- about 1/4 to 1/2 cup Mash #2
*Health Tip: Add a vitamin powder to the meal (I use “Total Health” from Whole Hound). Add a digestive enzyme to each meal (I use “Digestive Support” from Whole Hound) which will aid in digesting the legumes. Add a squirt of organic flax oil for omega 3 and 6 support.
Recipe for Mash #2 (= 10 cups):
- 2 parts squash – [small butternut squash, cooked, puréed (4 cups yield)]
- 1 part sweet potato or yam – [cooked, puréed (2 cups yield)]
- 1 part steamed, puréed broccoli (2 cups yield)]
- 1 part legume – [1 cup soaked overnight, cooked, puréed adzuki beans (2 cups yield)]